About This Blog

 I have, very casually, maintained this blog since somewhere around high school.  Twenty odd years.  And in that time, it has transformed considerably.  It started as a journal where I recorded thoughts that were not worth keeping.  Later, it became a record of broad creative and personal projects that went nowhere.  Some of which were mirrored on my now long dead Geocities site.  In the past half decade or so, I wrote a handful of dream journal entries and shifted my focus to more fictional scribbling.  Again, nothing of great consequence.  I guess I like some of them.  Maybe you will too.  Last year, I fully transitioned to short fiction and actual play fiction (records of both mechanical and narrative playthroughs of roleplaying games).  I think I'm content to leave it at that, really.  I am making things at my own pace.  Which is, to be clear, glacial.



So, what is this blog now?

This blog hosts my haphazard short fiction writing and a place to store records of roleplaying game experiences.  I am not (currently, if ever) a serious writer.  But if you're here, somehow, I hope you find something useful or fun.  The categories across the navigation bar:


  • About is where I'll post about this blog.  These posts are also called Greymatter posts, for searching.  And because that's what I called them for a long time before changing it to About (which is a more useful term).
  • Snippets are scraps and fragments of fiction, little evocative ideas or throwaway writing gathered in clusters.
  • Shorts are short fiction.  Maybe they'll be whole short stories and maybe they'll be longer than snippets but not long enough to be considered a whole story.
  • Serials are clusters of collected shorts belonging to the same narrative series.
  • Sessions are actual play fiction.  These'll probably usually be records of solo games.

A note on formatting: It took me a minute to get things where I found them visually acceptable.  Some older posts (there aren't many) won't have the same visual layout as the newer ones.  Moving forward, the posts will start to fall in line.


Attributions

Avatars Used:

  • BFenix, 2016
  • Ishnox, 2021
  • Quantumsurfer, 2023


Images used for BrikWars Title Card:


Images used for Sessions Title Card:

Images used for Gemini Event Title Card:

Images used for Lowlifes Title Card:



Comments