Choices, Posts 1 - 4

(Content Warning: Language, Violence, Prisoner)

These little snippets were originally posted to Facebook (like a total weirdo) as I mused about a gritty kind of space opera rpg setting I was trying to create at the time called Black Ocean Katana (yeah, I dunno, I was watching a lot of anime at the time).

Day 24, 0157 Hours

The ship's in poor repair. I'll need to stop off for parts soon. Goddamn life support took one in the ticker. Which is a problem because I need to get this legger back to Control, pronto. If the breather fails or even just drops anymore below gauge, one or both of us is gonna be floating silent. But if I stop off, I've got to leave this slimeball unsupervised while I go for patchwork. Choices.

Comment:  Now the little fucker is grinning at me. He knows the score too well. I think I might just put a round in him yet and be done with it.





1316 Hours

Pulled into dock about an hour ago. I ended up losing my patience after all and burned a hole straight through his left thigh. Sadly, turns out it was bionic. For a moment, my hopes lifted, even as he laughed in my face and made jokes about how it "tickled." If he was a Synthetic, all my troubles would be over with a couple of hours and him hooked up to the ship's central comp. No such luck, though. The hole in his side proves he's organic as all get out. Still, at least he'll be unconscious for awhile whilst I hit up the vendors.





1414 Hours

Life support main systems fixed. Good old plug and play. Handful of new solders and the installation of some new vents and I'll be good to go in a couple of hours. Picked up some chems as well, to keep my guest peacefully slumbering. Oh, and a medkit to patch that hole. I mean, it's cauterized but better safe than sorry. Paid through the teeth for it all, though. I hate stations. They know they have what we need and the jack the prices up. I much prefer things planetside.





1802 Hours

Underway. I'm not looking forward to traversing Independent space. I could probably squeeze through at Sanctum but that's pretty far out of the way and those arseholes at Neo Camelot have pretty wide ranging patrols so I could get caught out anyway. My only other option is to hit up Tertius but, with it being a Thronesystem, one misstep will burn this whole mission. There can be no official records. If I risk the straight shot there's nothing on the other side unless I want to take a damn pilgrimage to Asylum System, so I'll be straining fuel to make it to Nexus Gimel. I think I'll have to risk it. Empress, but I need a better ship...


Next: Choices, Posts 5 - 6