Lineage, Campaign Launch


Content Warning

Grief, Manslaughter, Assault


I have a small desire to play vampire stuff but there are a few systems through which I can do it.  In addition to one I’m developing myself (as a hack of another game).  Obviously, vampire 5th ed is, if not the best, then my favorite, but I like what some of these other systems are doing, from the very small two-page Vampires and Claymores (which I’m using first) to the larger, highly polished vtm and ironsworn mashup Elegy.  My idea is simple.  

I’m feeling just…super bogged down in real life right now so I’m going to dispense with the usual stuff.  I’m not going to arrange a million oracles around me.  I’m not going to use Mythic.  I’m not even going to start with a big game.  Two pager evocative as hell Vampires and Claymores, that’s where I’m starting.  And I’m going to just jump in with no prep and see what happens.

So we have Simon here.  My vision for Simon is kind of a Kung Fu the Legend Continues kind of character.  Not a cop, but rather a courier and a bit of a hustler (I have an opener that just popped into my head that will probably override that little personality trait for a bit of time but oh well).  But physically…there was a martial arts actor who was also a stuntman whose name I can’t remember…Simon looks like that, with a fashionable short jacket which works in any decade but carries a distinctive 80s look with its rolled up sleeves.  Simon has a motorcycle and a pair of brass knucks (you know, for defense).  Vamps start with 1 insight and a skill or blood spell related to it.  I’ll ask the basic question, “Who was I?” and answer it with “A courier and a hustler.”  From that, I’ll give him the Blood Spell, Vampiric Speed.  He starts with 10 blood.  That’s it.

So I’ll play Simon here through a little starter using V&C and then move into Elegy, recreating him there.  Or, if he dies, I’ll play someone in his story and continue on in the new system.  And so on into VTM and on into my own hack if I ever get it done.  Maybe other vampire games too along the way.

Enough chatter, let’s play.


Next: Session 1, Sweet Remains

Comments